BBC Podcast: Costing the Earth - The Power of Nature Writing [11 Apr 2023]
Can writing about nature help to protect it?
Charlotte Smith discusses this with three authors: Helen Macdonald, Paul Evans and Kerri Andrews.
BBC Podcast: Costing the Earth - A Greener Government? [29 Nov 2022]
Months of governmental chaos have seen contradictory policies on the environment come and go.
Tom Heap asks where the Conservative Party now stands on the environment.
BBC Podcast: Costing the Earth - The Lost World of Ice. [25 Oct 2022]
Jheni Osman visits the Swiss Alps, to see how much the glaciers are retreating.
A dry winter, followed by this summer's heatwave, has resulted in a disastrous year for ice loss.
The Democratization of Energy: Understanding power bills, energy regulation, & the shift to decentralized clean energy with Seth Mansur
by Marjorie Alexander | Jan 8, 2022
In this episode of 'A Sustainable Mind', Marjorie and Seth discuss:
- What exactly is energy management, why does it matter, and how does it differ between residential to commercial buildings
- Why are energy bills so difficult to read!
- The role of energy audits and energy monitors and determining if your situation would benefit from these tools
- What peak energy means and why it’s so expensive
- Community choice aggregation or deregulated energy options
What the energy grid of the future could look like and what happens to energy monopolies when a majority of users switch to renewables